Sunday, February 28, 2010

Orbea owner


I am the proud owner of an all carbon women specific Orbea road bike with Ultegra and 105 components! After test riding bikes for weeks and spending hours on the computer researching, when I got on this bike, I was screaming YES, THIS IS IT before I could get too far. When I returned to the store with the bike, the look on my face told everyone in the store that this was my bike! I still had to go back to another bike store and spend quite a few more hours on the computer before handing over the card today, but boy, am I happy!

Who knew that bikes did not come with pedals??? I sure didn't!! Plus you need special shoes to be able to use the special pedals. I decided to go with the road shoe with pedals that I have to clip in to, so there is a big learning curve there. I have plenty of accessories to get  and learn how to change a flat tire before heading out on the road.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a fancy bike! Are you going to take some bike workshops to see how everything works and how to repair your bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gladys!! I will learn how to change a flat and take it to them for the rest. I got a package for repairs. Can't be messing up my nails with all that! LOL...

    ReplyDelete