Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bike buying clinic


With the excepton of this one day mast May, I had not been on a bike since I was a little girl. It's true that you never forget how to ride, but I was a little wobbly at first.


I went to Conte's for a bike buying clinic this morning with my Tri DC NTP group. It was quite the learning experience. At first I just thought that I would just borrow my friend Pier's bike to train and compete in my Triathlons, but then I thought it would be cool to own my own bike. I had started to research bikes lately, and  baaaby there is more than I ever thought there would be to buying a bike. And they are so... expensive. The bike that I think I want (today) is over $2K. I took it and another bike for a test ride and I thought this one particular bike fitted me perfectly. It was a woman specific carbon bike with 105 componets by Specialized and it was super light weight.
 
I have enough information to now go into a couple of other stores and look around online. I hope to be the owner of a fancy new bike in the next few weeks. I think the one that I liked today was a bit costly, so I will try to modify my taste and be more economical about this whole thing.

I think Tri Unify is having a bike clinic soon. If not, I will go over to Arrow bikes and talk to those folks and see what they have. One of my customers told me to look at the Trek brand too. Decisions... decisions...

I'm off to a swim lesson now. Toodles....

No comments:

Post a Comment