Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blowing bubbles


Excuse my language, but why ain't nobody tell me???? My friend Trudy spent some time at the pool with me today and she helped me get over a major hurdle. She told me that she breathes out her mouth the whole time and SHE NEVER HOLDS HER BREATH WHILE SWIMMING! I thought I had to hold my breath! I know that Travel Diva and my swim instructor told me to blow bubbles out my nose, but that ain't easy for everybody, hell... So, last night when the instructor for the group lesson at American University noticed that my technique was good, but I was swimming all stiff and stuff and she noticed it was because I wasn't breathing, she told me to breathe out my mouth under the water. I thought she was trying to KILL me. I was like, REALLY??? She must have thought I was crazy. Then, Trudy confirmed tonight. Trudy swims like Travel Diva, all smooth and easy and stuff. I guess it's because them heffas be breathing the whole time and I am trying to hold my breath and breathe out my nose and I am a better mouth breather under the water.

So, now that I know that I have to constant breathe OUT under the water and raise my head out of the water to take a breath IN. I have to practice that. Trudy gave me some good techniques to practice. I have lots to practice before I join Travel Diva at her fabulous gym again on Thursday. I wanna make her proud of me when we get together. I want to be able to swim some laps together on Thursday and have all this other simple stuff down.

So, if you're reading, Travel Diva, eat your Wheaties and be ready to swim some laps on Thursday baby, because I am going to be a bubble blowing, breathing under water, swimming sista come Thursday... well, I hope to be. I need prayer yall.

2 comments:

  1. Oh LAWD! I almost clicked the register button for the Lifetime Indoor Tri (www.indoortri.com) at my gym on April 25th but....I dunno. *diggin out my goggles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been like you. Holding my breath underwater. So many tips! Glad you have some 'fish' to help you! :-)

    ReplyDelete