Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blame it on the Blizzard of 2010


I had been doing pretty good with keeping up with my workouts, despite the weather until today. What we had this past weekend was called a blizzard, but I still managed to get out and walk 6 blocks to the gym in it. Today? There was NO walking in that madness. We had 43mph winds and after my experience of snow blowing into my eyes last night, I wasn't about to try to walk anywhere today. Residents were highly encouraged to stay indoors, as the visibility was poor and to get anywhere, it is almost a must to walk in the streets, which would be extremely dangerous with motorists on the road. So, long story short, due to the blizzard today, I did not get to the gym to run today. I planned to play with my Nintendo Wii Fit Plus, but the desire to sleep, catch up with friends by phone and watch Lifetime has taken precedence. So, since I am now tied up into another Lifetime movie and simply don't feel like doing anything other than relax, I will not do anything to train today. Therefore, my reason/excuse for not training today is due to the blizzard of 2010. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Tomorrow's plan: see yesterday's post

No comments:

Post a Comment