Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Treadmill snafu


Today's plan was to run for 30 minutes. I wasn't about to risk going outside and slipping in the snow, so I brought it to the gym. After 12 1/2 minutes, I wanted to go home to my couch! I much rather run outside. My shins started hurting and I just felt like if I was going to doing all that running, I should be going somewhere! I think the only thing that kept me going was this chic that was 3 times my size that was running about 3 times faster than me on the treadmill next to me. I started to try to hang with her and go as fast as she was, but almost slid off the back of the darn thing...

I hung in there, walked a bit, stretched a bit and managed to stay on for 35  minutes total including a warm up/cool down, but it was tough. Day 3 down and 136 days to go until the big race on June 20th.

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I saw the picture and thought you had fallen on the treadmill! I was like, "OH NO!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm training for a half marathon and began training on a treadmill...I hate it!!!! I lasted all of 20 minutes. LOL!! Hopefully next time will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Frankly speaking i'm in the same situation. Hope it'll be better soon... :-)

    ReplyDelete