Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Getting back on the horse


I took a few days off from swimming while I traveled. The plan was to get back on the horse on Monday. I had several awesome friends write to me with words of encouragement and I truly appreciate them for doing so. I even had 2 fabulous friends offer to spend some time with me at the pool! I will surely take them up on the offer.

I showed up to the pool at American University a little early on yesterday to give my self plenty of time to visualize myself swimming and doing all of the techniques that I have been taught. I saw one of the swim coaches who told me the strokes they worked on during Sunday's class in my absence. My total time in the pool was 45 minutes and while I can't say that I left being a pro, I can say that I am much better than I was when I showed up. I didn't swallow too much water last night and still don't feel totally comfy on my back, by I am better. I will go back tomorrow and will leave being able to say that I am even better than yesterday.

The plan was to swim Monday- Thursday, but I didn't make it today. Today was the perfect example of why I should get to bed at night, get plenty of rest and get most of my training done in the mornings. I did not work out today at all. Getting up and getting to the gym at opening time on tomorrow may be the best plan of action for tomorrow. We'll see how that works out...

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome to join me at our pool anytime you wish. I will be of absolutely no help mind ya...but I'll get ya in. LOL!

    ReplyDelete