Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Changing my stripes

I went to the pool today at my gym all proud and ready to practice my new swim techniques that I just learned on Sunday and was quickly intimidated by the other inhabitants of the pools swimming like they were natural born amphibians! (Did you know that dolphins are not amphibians? They are actually cetaceans, which are a kind of ocean dwelling mammal.)

I am determined to not only learn to swim, but to swim like the dolphins! I hope this swim instructor can help to change my stripes sooner than later, but I know that will only come with lots of practice. Maybe I will try going to practice in the mornings when the Michael Phelps wannabes are still asleep??

3 comments:

  1. I had felt that way too. It can be intimidating when you see other swimmers, but they will always be at the pool. Try to focus on your goal, and remember that they didn't become awesome swimmers overnight. So again, just remember your target and what you want to accomplish. Take a big breath and jump in. You'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, first time on your blog and I love it already. I too want to learn to swim. Would it be possible to share your instructor's information? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pictures you pick for your posts are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete