Friday, February 5, 2010

Spinning away


I headed back into my second spin class today determined to not leave feeling so beat up. This instructor was very helpful in setting up my bike (the right way) and even gave me some good tips. Throughout the class she kept an eye on me and motioned me to not bike with my legs gaped open and told me to relax my shoulders. Her music even rocked! I did suffer a tad bit with achy shoulders and butt, but I have a strategy to overcome those aches.

I want to know why all my friends who have taken spinning class never told me about getting padded shorts!?! That seat was killing my butt. I have to see about getting some of those in advance of the next class.

The class was 45 minutes and I burned 662 calories! I think I can get used to starting my day this way. Maybe the new goal will be to spin on M-W-F until I get my bike and then bike out doors on those days.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, boo. I'll pay attention more. Get it, get it. I can't help you with that swimming business though.

    ReplyDelete