Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My new favorite thing


I have determined that spinning is for me. It's my new favorite thing! I was told by Gladys that it would be good to help build by endurance for cycling outdoors and Lloyd mentioned that he took spinning classes a lot when he first started doing Triathlons. I went to the gym today with the plan to bike for 30 minutes and jog for 30 minutes. Maybe it was because the federal government was off today, but the gym was PACKED. Like, every machine was taken, except this fancy stationary bike. I got on and immediately fell in love with this machine. I was able to pick my courses  (I rode along a cliff by the ocean) and how long I wanted to ride for (mileage wise). It ROCKED. I wound up staying on it for 1 hour and 5 minutes. The best thing was that I knew all about cadence. I tried to stick to 90 rpms, but that was tough! I now have a feeling for how fast I need to go on the bike to be competitive. Now, I just need to learn about how to select proper gears and tie it all together. I won't be learning about gears again tonight, as my Merlot is starting to kick in again....

Tomorrow's plan: run 30 minutes (maybe spinning again too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment