Sunday, March 28, 2010

Feeling kinda lazy


I have been asked questions by friends that have suggested that perhaps I am over training. I gave it some thought and decided to stick to the training plan, although I know I am not athletically adept as my new Triathlete counterparts. I took my rest day on Friday as planned, ran 3.1 miles on Saturday and nothing so far today. After reading that a lot of my New Triathlete Program club members did the Duathlon on Hains Point today which was:
Duathlon - March 28th
Run 3.0 miles - Bike 15.8 miles - Run 3.0 miles = Duathlon

When I first read of the event, I thought, "geez, I am not ready to do THAT". But now after reading that some other beginner Triathletes did it, I'm thinking "I better get on my shyt!!". I want to be able to do that. And since I don't have the level of fitness to do it now, then I have to step it up to get there.

So, to all of you who think that I am over doing it: I hear you. Trust me, I don't want to hurt myself either. I do take rest days and sometimes 2 rest days per week. But I have to step up my game in order to hang with these folks. They are not going to leave me in the dirt . They may beat me out of the water for the swim, but I need to be able to kick azz in the rest of the race. Especially on the bike.

I'm laying low today, as I don't feel 100%. But tomorrow? GAME ON!!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think you're over training. I think you are training as much as you are because you know where your weaknesses lay. Just making sure they become your strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Hard Stare* I'm watching you, chica! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm inspired Becca! Keep it up. I hope to have the courage to finish a triathlon one day.

    ReplyDelete