Saturday, March 6, 2010

Energized!


I am energized by this movement that I have seemed to create! I didn't even mean  to influence or inspire anyone when I started. Travel Diva signed up for an indoor Triathlon at her gym today and even though she speaks as though she despises getting into the pool except to help me, she swam laps today. LAPS!! And she timed herself! I think that sounds like a girl who is inspired and competitive. What do you guys think?? And Robin also signed up for a mini Tri, Dawn has committed to doing a Tri with me this summer, Gladys and Pier are both training to run their first race this year and I think that I am the common denominator. That's pretty darn cool if you ask me.

On top of all that I had someone write to me for my opinion on a swimming product that I mentioned and someone else asked if I wanted this blog to be featured on the official new Washington,DC Triathlon facebook page. These are all big things for me. Big things that have energized me. I was frustrated with my swimming the other day, or lack thereof, and flirted with the idea of quitting. No sooner than I posted, I received a call from Dawn and the calls kept coming. Calls to give me more tips and most commonly the suggestion was to just take a break.Well, I purposefully took a break for one day and then for 2 more days, and now I am feeling like a bum about it. I am fully rested, not frustrated anymore and ready to implement all of the changes and techniques.

Saturday: 30 minute swim lesson, 30 minute swim practice and 3 mile run with Adrienne on the National mall.
Sunday: bike ride with the DC Tri Club NTP (New Triathlon Program) group and a group swim lesson at American University.

I plan to write with full details of my great time in the pool. I'm trying to speak it into existence here and stay energized. WHOOSSSAAAA......


3 comments:

  1. I love you ya know. Tomorrow...2 -3 mile outdoor run. I hate you too. Keep me movin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just found out there's a new track by my house! Great for some morning runs before work. Thanks so much for telling me about the 5K training and encouraging me to do it! We ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi TriBecaa, I just featured your blog! Check it out on the left had side in the Athlete Blog Box.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-DC-Triathlon/290681517532

    Good luck with training!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete