Thursday, April 1, 2010

Building endurance


For the person who likes to make a plan and make it happen, building endurance can be a bit of a slower pace than desired. I know that I signed up for a 20 week training program and that the key was to be consistent and work out 6 days/week, but I feel like I could be doing so much more! I have learned that would be counterproductive, so I have slacked off and tried to stick with the training plan. However, now instead of feeling lazy, I feel kind of bored. I guess  it's just the thought of training for an event with 3 sports. In my mind, I need to be training hard and all the time. The truth is, when building endurance, you build it slowly... When I think about it, it does make a whole lot of sense. Last week I was freaking out about not running more and all that, but then I realized that I can't be pounding my body around like that every other day for 20 weeks and then be ready to compete. I have swallowed the chill pill and am sticking to the program. I will just try to make the best out of the trainings that I do have and maybe only extend them for another 15-30 minutes, if I can.

So far this week:
Monday: PLAN: Bike 1 hr ACTUAL: Bike 1 hr + 30 min swim class
Tuesday: PLAN:Swim 30 ACTUAL: 60 min swim lesson
Wednesday: PLAN:  Bike 45 min ACTUAL: run 45 min (3mi) + 30 min swim class

1 comment:

  1. Just remember Becca, people with more experience than you have developed these plans for a reason...and most of them are tried and true. Stick to the training plan and maybe increase intensity if your feeling board. Keep up the hard work young lady.

    ReplyDelete