Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Progress


I probably smiled and giggled to myself at least 10 times today with thoughts of how I swam the entire length of the pool several times last night. I am ESTATIC at the progress that I have made so far in the pool. I know that I have a long way to go, but I love to celebrate small successes along the way, because that keeps me continually feeling good about the goal that I am working toward. I'm sure to some, it may be a small feat to swim a 25, but to me? It's the world; a great accomplishment. And to be completely honest, that is all that matters to me. How I feel about what I have done, no matter how minuscule it may seem to others, makes me a happier and more committed "wanna be Triathlete". So, with giggles and smiles, I just have to type again: I SWAM ACROSS THE POOL WITHOUT STOPPING MULTIPLE TIMES!  The trick is to do it again on tomorrow and not get so winded while doing so.

Today I ran/walked 3 miles with Adrienne. I like going out with her, because she has a "can't stop won't stop" attitude.  I discovered that I can only really run about 1 to 1.5 miles straight without having to take a break. I don't think that is too bad after starting to run  not long after recovering from a bad case of double pneumonia like a had. I know that the only way to build my lung capacity up again is to work my lungs. 

The plan was to go to the pool today after the run for 30 minutes, but I was feeling quite fatigued. After swimming for an hour on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I thought that my body could use a little break. Plus, the plan for tomorrow is to Spin and Swim with Travel Diva and I could probably stand to rest up before having to hang with that chic (she is a little hard core)! This is supposed to be an easy week on my 20 week Triathlon NTP training schedule, but I really don't feel like I can slack off (although I do need to give my body a chance to recover). ...Off to get cleaned up and get some sleep for a long work day and a hard work out on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment