Thursday, March 4, 2010

Randoms of a wanna be Triathlete

My breakthrough  on yesterday came in the form of a break. I decided to attend a bike maintenance class and actually realized that I should only bike ride with men who will change my tires if I get a flat, because that junk is hard and will damage a fresh manicure...

I am SO excited about riding my new bike on Sunday! I'm just a little nervous about the clip on pedals...

I didn't swim for 2 days and will be tired as hell by the time I can even think of stepping into a gym tomorrow...

I have the BEST friends and supporters of my journey to become a Triathlete. If some of them didn't write and call me on yesterday and today, I probably would have quit...

I can't wait to go running on the National Mall with Adrienne on Saturday afternoon. Running again is such an accomplishment for me after everything that I've been through...

I wish the people who posted comments anonymously on this blog would let me know who they are. Comments really do keep me going and I want to know who's talking to me...

I can see some definition in my legs from spinning class!

I had to tighten my heart rate monitor strap. Could I possibly have lost an inch or two??

I don't have time to get my breathing down pat before my next swimming lessons. That unnerves me. So, I will HAVE to get to the gym tomorrow night, which sucks after being on the road for 6 hours and getting up at 5am!

I think that Travel Diva will be a Triathlete this year too! I saw the desire in her eyes today! I even told her that I would train with her at the pool. How funny is that??

3 comments:

  1. I signed up for that indoor triathalon. That's prolly the most you'll get out of me as I don't have to buy equipment.

    Did 60min spin and swam laps for 10min. I did 10 laps on 10min. Not bad. I prolly could do more if I didn't change strokes to catch my breath.

    Love ya...Hate ya! Thanks for the inspiration. Sorry bout the workout snafu last night. We will have to figure something out.

    I feel awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tri Becca,

    Great blog! Can I feature it on the new Washington DC Triathlon official facebook page?

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-DC-Triathlon/290681517532?ref=ts

    Good luck with training!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,

    Sure! I would be honored to be featured on the new Washington DC Triathlon official facebook page. Knowing that others may be lurking (and laughing) will help to keep me honest and committed.

    Tri Becca

    ReplyDelete