Friday, March 12, 2010

I must have sipped the syrup!


Were you a Kool Aid kid? If so, what was your favorite flavor?? Mine was red. :)

I must have drank the Triathlon Kool Aid, because I just looked up and 2 hours of my life on this Friday night have slipped past me as I looked up YouTube videos on freestyle swimming and breathing  techniques. I really think that I am on to something with this swimming thing. I feel that my decision to take both private and group lessons was a good one and the dedication to get to the pool 3-5 days a week has definitely helped. I am psyched about being able to do laps now and really believe that if I can just relax in the water and slowly exhale, then I will be able to go continuously and there will be no turning back!! My plan is to be swimming efficiently by the end of the month, so I have 2 more weeks to get this breathing thing down pat. The month of April will be all about working on swimming the required amount of laps to cover the distance of the race and perfecting my technique.

I took yesterday off to rest and today I decided to take another day to gear up for this action packed hard training weekend that I plan to have. I'm feeling rested and ready to go!! It's too bad that it is supposed to rain heavily tomorrow, because that cancels out my plans to run and/or ride my bike outside. I will get to the gym for a spin class and go to swim lessons on Saturday and run and swim on Sunday. What the heck, if the weather clears up, I may ride my bike on Sunday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment