Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tricked by Travel Diva!


Messing around with Travel Diva, I almost needed some assistance climbing my stairs when I got home tonight! She came over to my gym for a 45 minute spin class and we got in the pool to swim laps for 30 minutes. I told you guys on yesterday that Diva can be a bit hard core, and yep, she proved that to be true in spin class tonight.

I was spinning along, thinking I was doing something and she leans over and tells me to "STOP BOUNCING". This is after the instructor said that if you are bouncing that you need to increase your resistance. See, at the time, I didn't realize that that heffa was probably just trying to get me to increase my resistance so I couldn't walk later. I probably wasn't bouncing, but because she said  that, I cranked the resistance way... up and kept pedaling.... I guess it's my little competitive edge or something, because, I can TAKE a little more extra resistance! What's a little extra resistance?? Uhn... huhn.... My legs felt it when I tried to walk up my stairs when I got home tonight. I had to hold on to rail really tightly and take it one step at a time. I mean, like, get one foot on a step, then both feet on that step... then work on getting to the next step.... that darn Travel Diva tricked me!!!!!!

I think I got her back when we got to the pool though. I was telling her that I have been instructed to freestyle swim with high elbows and encouraging her to swim back and forwards across the lane free styling and not flipping onto her back when she got tired. Yeah... I think she wore herself out, because she was trying to call it quits after just 25 minutes. I managed to talk her into swimming with me for just five more minutes  and I caught her peaking at the clock every 30 seconds. She was talking about swimming with high elbows had her back hurting and her lungs were hurting, and yadda yadda yah.... Hehee.... I wonder what she will feel like tomorrow when she wakes up??

Hey Diva, if you are reading, let me know when you are ready for another workout. BRING ITTT!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL. You know I'm gonna bring it. Great workout! Always fun...challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl,

    I'm FINALLY caught up reading your blog. I'm very impressed with your progress and it's motivating me even more so to start training for my triathlon in October. I'm not a swimmer either, so I'm gonna need swimming lessons as well. Fortunately, I'm very comfortable in the water I just don't know any of the proper techniques.

    Reading your blog has really put into perspective how much of a commitment training is going to be. I’m already plotting out my plan of attack and plan on going full on training mode by April 1. Pray for me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete