Tuesday, March 23, 2010

LAPS!!


I went to the gym today with the plan to take a 45 minute spin class and a 30 minute swim. The swim was not supposed to be a part of my training plan today, but if I'm already at the gym, why not just hop in the pool?

Well, as I was getting dressed to swim, I thought that it would be nice to swim the distance of the race, which I think is equivalent to 16 laps. Or at least swim what Travel Diva swims (10 laps). I still have to figure out the whole laps thing. Like, is one lap considered getting from one end to the other or is a round trip consider a lap?? Any readers of this, please help me out if you know. So, as I jumped in, I thought, "what the hell, I will shoot to swim 20 laps (10 round trips) and see what I can do in 30 minutes. The primary goal was to never stop while swimming down the lane. Guess what happened yall? Come on.... GUESS!!

I DID IT!!! I FCUKING SWAM 20 LAPS TODAY!! 20 LAPS!!! Now, I did take long breaks when I reached the end and probably hung onto that wall like it was going to save my life, but I made it. And I made it TWENTY times in 30 minutes. Excuse me, but for a chick who could not swim just a few weeks ago, I think that warrants me tooting my own horn. TOOT... TOOT!...! Bowchickawowow.......

4 comments:

  1. Go Becca!! Yes one lap in a 25m pool is a round trip, while a length is one way. A 50m pool, a lap is one way. So keep up the good work.

    Feels amazing doesn't it??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO THAT BECCA!!!! I am so proud of you. You have true committment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop! There it is!!! Gone, Goldfish! LOL!

    ReplyDelete