Monday, March 22, 2010

Solid as a...


There is one thing that I am not, and that is easily broken. I would like to consider myself solid as a rock, but solid as a St. Joe brick seems more fitting. I am human, so I do get down and a little wimpy at times, but do not be mistaken, ya girl is SOLID.

Today starts my 8th week of training for my Triathlon. 12 weeks to go! This is how much I've trained so far:

Week 1:  3hr 40 min
Week 2: 3hr 30 min
Week  3: 3hr 15min
Week 4: 6hr 30min
Week 5:6hr 30min
Week 6: 6hr
Week 7: 5hr 15min

Most of my training has been swimming. Now I must train harder on the bike and get my running up. I want to kick ass on the bike and finish the 3 miles of running like it is a walk in the park. Running is tough for me and I know that it will be hard after running and swimming, so I want to train to run farther, so the 3 miles won't be so hard.

Here's my training schedule for (this) week 8:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Bike 45min
Wednesday: Swim 30
Thursday: Bike 45
Friday: swim30
Saturday: Run 30
Sunday: 1hour bike + 10 min run


Now, I am a bit of an overachiever and I tend to do a little more, so I will probably do all of this, but do everything for an hour instead of just 30 or 45 minutes... and my rest day will be towards the end of the week. I'm in!! I'm  SOLID and ready to take on the challenge.... LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Go Becca go! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Becca, I am rooting for you too, and I know that you probably will do everything longer then scheduled but as long as you make sure you get your rest in I know you will do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a SOLID plan to me.

    ReplyDelete