Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Is the bike okay?"


Today the DC Tri Club NTP (New Triathlon Program) group got together for a bike ride at Hains Point. This was my first time taking my bike outside since purchasing it a week ago. As soon as I worked up the nerve to get going, it wasn't before long that I was screaming, "I'M RIDING A BIKE!!!!!!". I am sure that others within listening distance must have thought that I was 5 years old all over again, but this was a huge accomplishment. I had not been on a bike in over 20 years and this one was expensive (so I didn't want to crash and hurt the bike) and it has clipless pedals, which I had not previously used.

In total I rode for 9.6 miles and didn't fall not once.... until I got to my car. I was feeling all proud of myself for doing so well with my clipless pedals the first time and had made it back to my car with no falls. I unclipped my right foot, but for some reason, my brain told me to lean to the left, which was still clipped in and WIPE OUT..... There were 2 guys in the parking lot at the time and they both asked, "is the bike okay?!".


3 comments:

  1. Ahahaha....spoken like true bikers huh. So let me be the first to ask, are you okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that sounds terrible that they asked about the bike first but.....I know you were thinking the same thing. I hope you are ok, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies. I'm fine. I actually laughed my butt off! No pains today. And yes, the bike is okay.

    ReplyDelete