Saturday, May 29, 2010

Today was a great day


I think that the best thing that I could have done for myself is to take a few days to rest last week. I'm thinking that is what lead to such a successful training day today... well that and some motivating words from my niece.

I went out to Rock Creek Park with Yolanda for a run this morning. In total we ran about 4 miles with minimal breaks. I felt really good. At no point did I want to stop except for a much needed stretch of my calves. Then after several hours of hanging out with me niece and her telling me, "You can do it Teedy, don't doubt yourself", I was ready for my open water swim lesson in Lake Reston. In total today, I swam 600 meters (my race is 750 meters). I took a break after every 100 meters. The goal is to swim for 200 meters continuously next week. I feel like I can do it right now, but since I have the time I will be sure to get in some non-stop laps at the pool to be even more prepared.

All in all, today was a very good training day! I guess that I am really building endurance. Now, when I get tired or don't think that I can make it, I think that my niece's voice will play in my head and I will think "You can do it Teedy, don't doubt yourself"!! I love that kid and I love me... especially after such a great day of training!! 3 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment