Saturday, May 22, 2010

29 days to go!



The Triathlon that I have been training for is only 29 days away! For those who would like to come out to see me accomplish my goal of crossing the finish line, the finish line will be on Pennsylvania avenue between 3rd and 4th Streets on June 20th. I think that I should be done by 8:30.  I can sure use some cheerleaders! I'm still trying to figure out how/where my friends can be to cheer me on during the swim and the bike. I have a little time to figure this out, but for now, here is the link with more info.

The training is going well. I swam 1150 meters on Wednesday without stopping to take a break until after 700 meters. BOY have I come a long... way! I have a few more lake swimming lessons, will increase my comfort level with swimming long distances in the pool and will continue to get more comfy on my bike. I also promise myself that I will run more. The running is what has been lacking and I suck at it because I simply have not been running.

Thanks to all who have supported me throughout this journey! I have 29 more days of this and then it's the big day!! I can't wait!

2 comments: