Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Randoms of a soon to be Triathlete


I feel really good about myself today.

I recently committed to doing some core exercises to make this unfavorable part of my body go away.

Today I did 20 minutes of Pilates and 20 minutes of Turbo Jam Abs  on my lunch hour, because this unfavorable area has GOT to disappear before it's bikini time!

I was committed today.

I swam in Lake Reston although it was drizzling and less than 60 degrees outside.

I am still psyched that I swam 20 laps on Sunday.

I want/need to make that a habit.

My friend Dawn signed up to complete my Triathlon with me!

I went for a jog after dark today. I only ran 1 mile, but it was well lit in the area and I overcame the fear of running alone after dark.

I am feeling REALLY good about my level of commitment to becoming a Triathlete.

My friend Monnie gave me a gift on Sunday and told me that she is proud of me, even if I didn't do the race that day.

My friends completely F'ing ROCK!

I am still awake and need to be at the gym in 6 hours for swim and spin.

I am in love with myself for setting out to do something that once seemed impossible.

I now know that nothing is impossible if I set my mind to it.

I can't wait until I can say that I am a Triathlete!



3 comments:

  1. You ARE a triathlete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am in love with myself for setting out to do something that once seemed impossible."

    That's hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are indeed a triathlete! Your commitment is amazing, Becca!

    ReplyDelete