Friday, April 30, 2010

Taking it to the lake


So tomorrow is my first swim lesson in a lake. Lake Reston to be exact. The instructor that's taking me out is the cream of the crop when it comes to these types of swim lessons. She assured me that after tomorrow and Tuesday, I will be ready to complete the swim leg of my Triathlon.

I was a little nervous today about my lesson, because I have not been in the pool for over 2 weeks. As soon as my flight landed this evening, I headed straight to the gym to swim. Confusion quickly set in as I tried to figure out why my darn heart was beating so fast that I had to take many more breaks. Usually it's my breathing that I have to try to slow down, but tonight it was my heart and my breathing. I took some time to think through it and calm myself down with some positive thoughts and practicing my backstroke. I think that I am just anxious about getting into the lake tomorrow. I decided to get out of the pool after 30 minutes.

I will rely on my training tomorrow. I have taken enough lessons, I know exactly what to do and I know some recovery strokes. I know that I float very well and if I get in trouble, I can always lay on my back and calm down.

This is a big fcuking deal to me, but I know that I will do just fine... at least I hope I do.

2 comments: