Sunday, April 18, 2010

Random thoughts of a soon to be Triathlete

Running is so hard, but I never want to quit. I get mad and feel like a wimp when I have to stop and catch my breath

I scream when I am on my bike and my legs start to hurt and I can't go faster or keep up

I like screaming when I am on my bike riding by the water



I am completely pumped about becoming a Triathlete!

I am confident that I will be prepared to complete the swim, bike and run!

I am specifically excited that I will have 2 swim lessons in a lake before my first Triathlon (May 9th), which I am using for a "test run" before the big date JUNE 20th!

I am so proud of myself for learning to swim!

I want to be able to swim laps continuously and not be so tired...

I ran the 6K Race for Water today and it kicked my butt!

I wasn't nothing more than to be able to ride and run hills, to run continuously and swim continuously

I think that some of my friends don't understand my level of commitment to this

While I do want to meet for drinks, dinner, happy hour and to date, I would much prefer to go for a swim

My hair has taken a back seat to swimming. I hope that it is not damaged when I go to get it relaxed at the end of the week.

I wish that I had a different hair type and not have to deal with my hair so much!

I want to pick it up and perform better RIGHT NOW!

I know that patience is key and rest is so necessary

I like sleeping for hours after a good swim

I now see the importance of getting massages!

I AM GOING TO BE A FCUKING TRIATHLETE!!

That really makes me smile on the inside....

1 comment: