Sunday, April 25, 2010

Riding with Tri Unify


Yesterday I rode with Tri Unify. The plan was to cycle for about 10 miles or so and then run. We got together in Greenbelt Park which has a few hills and we went for it. Now, this was only the second time that I rode hills and I have not really figured out all of the gear shifting stuff. I learned that riding on the flat Hains Point route has spoiled me in a terrible way. We started riding together and Adrienne spent some time explaining what I should do on hills. Trudy hung back with me for awhile while I tried to get it together. However, before long, I was all alone with folks zipping by me. I really needed the time to figure it out and power through it. Trudy was awesome with her motivational tips. I felt beat. Defeated. Slow. Confused as to why it was so hard for me. But I went 10 miles.

When it was time to run, my legs were jelly. Trudy tried to push me and I was so... relieved that it started to drizzle. I turned around with the excuse of not wanting to get my freshly relaxed hair wet. I hated to do so, because I am not the chic to deter a work out for hair issues. But baaabay, my legs needed the excuse on yesterday!

Riding with Tri Unify was great and created a whole 'nother level of competitive edge within me! I now know what I need to do and it has jump started me to train HARDER. I have been a little 'laxed lately, especially this week.  No 'laxed no more! It's ON.....! I'm going to be a Triathlete yall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment