Saturday, January 30, 2010

Orientation and Informational

Today I attended the Orientation for the DC Tri NTP program. I was extremely excited to be among the selected for this program! I have to admit that I did get a little overwhelmed when they started talking about bikes and pedals... They might as well have been up there saying YADAYADAYADA... because that is what it sounded like to me. I have full confidence that I will get up to speed in due time, so no worries.


I left the Orientation, grabbed some lunch and coffee and headed to the Tri Unify informational. It was a more intimate group and I had a completely different experience than I did when I went to the DC Tri informational last week. I got a few looks that made me second guess myself a bit. The looks and second guessing came after revealing that I don't know how to swim or own a bike. I had to "buck" myself up a little to get through this mentally, but all will be well. I'm convinced!!


The DC Tri NTP training program starts on Monday with the goal race being June 20th. I haven't yet decided if I will do the Sprint or the Olympic distance on that date yet. I have decided that I will do my very best to follow the Olympic distance training schedule, because it would be nice to be over trained for the Sprint distance. The Tri Unify training program starts on February 15th with the goal race being May 9th. I will start tomorrow to train for both! Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment