Sunday, January 31, 2010

Nervous


I am excited/nervous about today's swim lesson! I hope I like the instructor. I'm sure that I won't like her as much as the last instructor that gave me my first 2 lessons, but I understand that his schedule can't accommodate me anymore for free lessons (what a pity).

I don't know if I am extra type A, extra nervous or what, but it appears that everyone is a bit too relaxed about how much time I have to get ready for this first Triathlon. It's May 9th and I feel like time is SHORT. The Tri Unify beginners program doesn't even start until February 15th. The assumptions are that you can run for 15 minutes, bike for 30 minutes and swim for 50 yards nonstop. They told me to not worry if I don't have the swimming down. I can do all of that (except the swimming) but it's HARD. So, I will get a jump start by starting the Tri DC plan today but amping it up due to my early race.

Today's workout plan: 20 minute bike, 10 minute treadmill and swim lesson.

1 comment:

  1. I took a spinning class yesterday after my workout with Broderick. Spinning will likely help with the bike portion. Go, Becca!

    ReplyDelete