Monday, June 14, 2010

It's countdown time!!


In 5 days and 16 hours I will start my race to become a Triathlete. It has been a very long 20 weeks of training. The memories of the time passed includes frustration of learning to swim, the falls on my bike while getting used to my clipless pedals, figuring out what type of nutrition my belly likes and learning all of the Triathlon lingo. I can now say that I am confident that I will finish. I am actually excited about the swim and want to see how fast I can ride my bike while racing. I ran the run route on yesterday. It took us about an hour to run the 4.2 miles in the blazing heat which caused us to walk quite a bit. I think that I can do it in about 45 minutes on race day. I am so excited that my buddy Dawn is coming in town to race with me. I can not wait to post the article that I wrote months ago on being a Triathlete. Something tells me that the sense of accomplishment that I will feel when I cross the finish line will be nothing like I envisioned. Only better.

4 comments:

  1. So very proud of you for sticking with this. I wish I could be there on race day. But I'll still be cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you run across the finish line. I am so very proud of you, and am truly inspired by your determination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Becca,
    While I haven't commented on every post over here, I have followed your journey and even sent your blog to another friend of mine who started training for a triathlon and was considering giving up. I am so inspired by all that you have accomplished and I absolutely know that you will cross that finish line. Even though I won't be there on race day, I am sooooo in your corner and cheering for you all the way from the ATL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STOP IT! Yall are making me cry. Thanks ladies! I truly appreciate your support and cheers from near and far!

    ReplyDelete